1.Please Introduce yourself, what is your name, business name, where you are from?
My name is Sophie Coltburn, I am the founder of Mindsoulness and I’m from South coast UK.
2. What is your business about?
Mindsoulness is about using our mindset to heal and help ourselves and others. To manage things like anxiety, overwhelm and procrastination, to increase our success in our relationships and businesses and most importantly to experience more joy in our lives. We look at all types of methods of mindset work, from the very practical and physical, to the more esoteric and spiritual.
3. What made you get into this line of business?
I come from a professional career in Graphic Design. I was set on that path from age 15, but after a couple of years in the industry I suffered a huge loss in our family and it shifted my perspective on everything. It took me a few years of trying different companies and design roles to realise that office/employee work really wasn’t for me and I couldn’t stay feeling so trapped every day.
I started listening to podcasts and videos by people like Tony Robbins, Lewis Howes, Marie Forleo and Tim Ferris and learned about being an entrepreneur. I craved more freedom and wanted to do something that lit me up and allowed me to do more in my life.
Mindsoulness seemed to be a seed of something planted in my mind one night and it’s taken me a few years of hard work to understand what it is. I know it’s bigger than me, which can be daunting, but exciting at the same time.
4. What makes you get up and go in the morning, do you have a morning power routine?
I don’t really have any issues getting up in the morning now that I don’t have to go to an office! I also work at home with my husband so we tend to just get up and have breakfast together before starting work.
5. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
I don’t know if you’d call it advice, but there are a few core things that have helped me massively these past years.
1. Practice gratitude daily. It makes ALL the difference to your mindset and health.
2. Every moment is a new moment to start fresh.
3. You are the co-creator of your life. Take responsibility and recognise excuses for what they are.
6. What is a book you would say everyone must read?
Oh thats tough. I often recommend “You are a Baddass” and “You are a Badass at Making Money” by Jen Sincero
7. Does your business have any offers on at present or coming up?
I have a couple of openings for working on mindset with me 1:2:1 and I’m in the process of creating a course around managing anxiety and overwhelm.
8. What one thing do you do to change your mindset instantly?
I think gratitude is one of the key things. Anytime I start slipping into negative thoughts that aren’t useful for emotional processing*, I think of things I’m thankful for and focus on the feelings of joy and gratitude.
* some negative thoughts can be processed and helpful to heal, but many are just fear getting in the way.
9. What do you love most about helping others?
I love seeing the changes that happen so fast. I’m always blown away by the speed at which the ladies I work with change their mindset, attitude and consequently their lives.
10. Your favourite quote?
“Change your thoughts and you change your world” – Norman Vincent Peale
Have a wonderful day x